Remote does not work
- Check the ON/OFF switch on the main unit is in the ON position. - Change batteries (See Assembly Instructions). - Be sure to point remote at the main unit. - Be sure there are no obstructions between remote and unit.
Not enough heat
- Increase thermostat setting to highest setting. - This is a 1500 watt heater and is intended for supplementary heat only.
Heater will not turn off
Refer to operating instructions.
Heater cycles on and off frequently
- The thermostat automatically turns the heater on and off to maintain selected comfort level. - To make this occur less frequently adjust the thermostat setting up or down.
Flame not bright enough
- Regulate flame brightness using the flame intensity button. - Check bulb is working and replace if necessary.
Unit making crackling/popping sound
- This is normal; when the unit is first used or has not been used for a while this sound is caused by dust buildup burning away. - Please refer to Cleaning and Maintenance section for prevention.
Heater blows cool air
- This is normal when the unit is on the fan only setting. - Press the mode control until you select the LOW (1) or HIGH (2) heat setting.
Simulated fire will not illuminate
- Check power. - Press the flame intensity button. - Check bulb and replace if necessary.